BOOTH Training’s Athlete Interview – Jose Mavila
1. Hey Jose tell us about you? How did you discover SUP? Why did you want to push your paddling skills to another level?
Hello, I’m Jose Mavila of 42 years old from Perú. 3 years ago, I went on a trip to the caribbean and saw a SUP board (I had never gotten on a board) I was really encouraged to get on and paddle. After several falls, I was able to stand up and row. As soon as I returned from the trip, I bought an inflatable board and started to practice, first alone, then with a lifeguard who knew something about the sport but after that, I started looking for people who knew the sport a lot more and teach me technique. I changed my board for a race one and from there I started my search to keep improving. At the same time, I opened a SUP academy and I’m currently working on it.
2. How did you find out about the BOOTH Training program?
I heard about the program from a SUP representative in my country who I tag on several instagram stories, she is Giannisa Vecco, a SUP referent in Peru. So I decided to go on the program’s web site and start with the basic program.
3. How long have you been training with BOOTH Training? What are the improvements?
4. Why would you recommend BOOTH Training to the SUP community?
5. What is your next competition and what’s your target?
My next competition is on July 11, also virtually because of the pandemic that still haunts us, my goals are to improve much more in technique, performance and be ready for next year to participate in face-to-face races.Another goal is to meet Michael and have a face-to-face training with