MICHAEL BOOTH. ELITE WATERMAN… WORLD CHAMPION.
“Success is no accident. It’s hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all loving what you do”. – Michael Booth.
Michael Booth; known as the Aussie SUP Powerhouse continuing to dominate in the sport internationally, is fast becoming the most highly regarded and respected SUP contender world-wide.
The last two years has seen the best of Booth as he has become a 3 x Australian Champion, a 2 x ISA World Champion in 2016 & 2018, back to back European Tour Champion in 2017/2018 (currently leading 2019) and is currently second in the APP World Tour rankings. Needless to say, Michael continues to impress his sponsors and loyal followers.
Michael prides himself on the quality and consistency of his performance and believes that success can only be achieved through hard work, self-belief and dedication – words which he continues to live by during both the off season and the racing season.
There is no doubt that Michael is both physically and mentally strong, pursuing in setting himself some huge personal goals to be the best in the sport as well as encouraging others to reach their goals. Booth launched his own coaching business, which he offers all over the world as well as tailored and personalised online programs, sharing his knowledge and skills in SUP racing. Additionally, Michael has released a paddle range called MB Paddles with the Thor!
When asked, “what’s the secret?”
I really don’t have a secret. I like training hard, I like seeing progress and I love setting myself goals to work towards, there really isn’t any better feeling than when you can and do finally achieve them.
- World Champion ISA Distance Race 2018
- Australian Champion Distance Race 2018
- European Champion SUP Tour 2018
- APP World Series 2nd Overall 2018
- APP World Series #1 Champion London 2018
- Carolina Cup Champion 2018
- Australian SUP Distance Champion 2017
- European SUP Tour Champion 2017
- World Champion ISA SUP Marathon Fiji 2016
- QLD SUP Distance and Technical Champion 2016
- Australian SUP Distance Champion 2015
- World Series Ocean Ski 2nd Overall 2015
- Australian Ocean Ski Series Champion 14/15
- Representative Australian Senior Kayak team Moscow, Russia 2014
- Representative Australian U23 Kayak team Szeged, Hungary 2014